To see the BFIC 2018 program, click here!
To see the BFIC 2018 overview, click here!
Below are some speakers and panels for the 13th annual Breastfeeding and Feminism International Conference.
Penny Van Esterik
- Professor of Anthropology, York University (ret.)
- Author, most recent publication The Dance of Nurture: Negotiating Infant Feeding
Invited Featured Speakers
- Author, Where’s the Mother? Stories from a Transgender Dad
- Assistant Professor, Department of Maternal and Child Health, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Administrator of Women’s & Urological Services, St. Luke’s Health System
- ICF International, Inc.
Special Panel Sessions
“Black Women and Breastfeeding: A Reproductive Justice Story”
- A panel organized by SisterSong – The National Women of Color Reproductive Justice Collective
“Conflicting interests, conflict of interest: How do real and perceived conflicts of interest impact our ability to fund academic research while ensuring families are protected from predatory marketing?”
Remarks followed by discussion
• Joan Dodgson
• Kimberly Seals Allers
• Penny Van Esterik
“Racial Equity: A Call to Action”
- A panel organized by the National Association of Professional and Peer Lactation Supporters of Color (NAPPLSC)
Elizabeth Bayne, Chocolate Milk
Chantal Molnar, The Milky Way
Elisabeth Ubbe, The Invisible Breasts