Apply for free registration to attend the 2018 Breastfeeding and Feminism International Conference
For the second year, the Breastfeeding and Feminism Conference will provide free registration up to three individuals. Accordingly, we are only accepting applications for this award from those who have been accepted to present at the 2018 conference (plenaries, posters, discussions, or workshops).
Priority will be given to presenters who
- Will increase the conference’s diversity
- Lack institutional support for conference attendance and have financial need
- Priority for one free registration will be given to a presenter from outside the U.S.
- Priority for one free registration will be given to a presenter from the Chicago area
This award only covers the cost of conference registration. Funds for travel, lodging, and meals will not be provided.
Due date for applications: January 15th, 2018
All applicants will be notified of results by February 2nd, 2018. Anyone applying will be able to still register under the early registration rates.
Please email your application to BFIC@uncg.edu in a Word Document or PDF with the subject line, “BFIC 2018 Scholarship.”
Your application will include a statement of around 350 words addressing the following:
- Why you plan on attending BFIC in 2018.
- How you plan to use the information you learned from the conference in your work, personal life, and/or community.
- Describe how this scholarship will aid your financial ability to attend the conference.
- How you and/or your work enhances the diversity of the conference.
- Where you are traveling from to attend the conference.